Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the grace period for returning a vehicle on the last day of rental?
Vehicle rentals last for 24 hours from the moment the rental contract begins. However, on the last day of rental, clients are given three additional hours in which to return the vehicle. After that, an additional day’s rental is always charged
- Why does MITTA charge such a high price to fill up a tank?
All vehicles are delivered full of fuel and must be returned in the same way by all customers. In this way, each user knows their fuel consumption from the first source without having any interference from our staff. If the car is returned with less fuel, the value to be charged per liter is higher than the market price. The reason for this is mainly to discourage the return with less fuel in order not to delay delivery to a new customer.
- Can I eliminate CDW cover from my booking?
No, the published rates both for companies and individuals in Chile include Collision Damage Waiver, which cannot be eliminated from the rental rate.
- Is the assistance service en route (crane) included in the rental rate?.
No, the service is only free if the problem with the vehicle is due to a mechanical fault. In any other case (flat batteries, opening of locked doors, accidents, change of tires, etc.), the cost of the service must be met by the client.
- Can a member of my family or friend drive the car?
Only people indicated in the rental contract and with a valid driving license can drive the rented vehicle. If the vehicle is being driven by someone who has not been registered in the contract and the vehicle is involved in an accident, the cover taken out does not apply and the full cost of the repair will be charged to the person whose name is on the contract.
- Can the vehicle be returned to a MITTA office in another city?
If possible. However, an additional charge called Drop Off is applied and it varies according to the distance between the city of origin of the contract and the city of return of the unit.
- For a private rental, can I guarantee with a credit card from a relative or close person?
No, this is not possible. In credit card guarantees, a voucher must be signed or a secret password must be entered, which must be done only by the owner of the password.
- What are the differences between Operational and Financial Leasing?
With operational leasing:
- You are not acquiring an asset.
- Accountant is going to spend.
- It is not counted as an enforceable liability, which improves the indebtedness.
- It is a lease contract that incorporates other services (maintenance, insurance, permits, etc.).
- The residual value of the vehicle is not considered in the fee.
- What is the term for an Operational Leasing?
Minimum 12 months.
- What does the rental rate include?
- Preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Change of tires.
- Insurance against own damages and civil liability.
- Replacement in case of accidents or failures.
- Services through online platforms.
- Coverage throughout our offices or workshops in Chile.
- Executive in charge of the account.
- Telemetry systems for fleet management.
- Can the fleet be returned before the stipulated date?
Yes, depending on the conditions stated in the contract.
- I currently have vehicles in my company. Is it possible that you buy them or help us sell them?
Yes, prior to a commercial appraisal by MITTA.
- Do you carry out training sessions for users?
MITTA has developed a training program at the National level, focused on the safety of its customers and the proper use of its fleet according to the type of operation.